The department is established pursuant to sections 72 & 86 of Proceeds of Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Act (POCAMLA) and is responsible managing preserved/restrained and forfeited assets.
Assets Management Department
This department is responsible for the following functions: –
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of assets management strategies, policies, legislations and regulations, and procedures;
- Undertaking research on assets management to inform asset policy development, implementation, and management;
- Undertaking and monitoring physical risk assessment;
- Applying measures to ensure integrity and professional assets management standards;
- Devising, implementing, and monitoring effective risk management strategies in the department;
- Coordinating processes in planning, budget and funding proposal for the department;
- Cascading the strategic plan and performance contract in the department and carrying out staff performance appraisals;
- Formulating and implementing initiatives to instill integrity values in the department and adopt best practices in assets management;
- Developing performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology;
- Facilitating proper utilization of optimum assets, fleet and liabilities levels;
- Participating in the formulation of criteria for procurement and disposal of assets;
- Developing measures to evaluate and enhance the performance of outsourced service providers.